Friday, July 10, 2015


The UPS man brought me new toys! I'd been waffling over whether I wanted to get an embroidery machine for literal years and I finally decided to just go for it. Not knowing how much I'd like it or use it, I couldn't really justify buying a nicer one with a bigger field right out of the gate, but this has a 5x7 field and I think it will be big enough for most of what I'd want to use it for. I played around with the software a bit and digitized the Grey Warden insignia. There's a bit of a learning curve to the software but it doesn't seem too bad. I'm actually a pleasantly surprised the stitch pattern came out pretty decently for a first try, though the embroidery itself would look better if I either added the white portions as stitching and/or used a better stabilizer for this fabric. The fabric I put this design on has 2% spandex and it stretched a bit during embroidery.  (And naturally I'm now gripped with the urge to embroider stuff on everything.)

No comments:

Post a Comment